Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Was He the Man? No i'm the Man!

In 2008 i purchased a storage building and had it delivered to my property. Because it was over a certain size i had to get a construction permit from the city and have it inspected. This made no since to me because it was a pre-built unit. So i got my permit and had it delivered then called for an inspection. In a couple of days a city truck pulled up and three men get out. One of the men asked to see my permit and i showed it to him. They went back to where the shed was and took some measurements then walked around  and looked it over. Then "the man" said it looked good everything is ok. I asked if he needed the permit and he said no i could throw it away. Two weeks later another city truck pulled up and a man gets out and says he is there to inspect my building.I informed him that it has already been done. He seemed to get very upset and said "he is the man" that does the inspecting and there was no record of my inspection. He asked for my permit and i told him what i had done, he said that he would let me know if my building passed inspection or not. He went around and measured and looked and finally said it had passed and drove off. Can't fight city hall, even if they are goofy as a goat.

No comments: